Mission, Vision, Philosophy, & Values
URF is a registered 501(c)(3) charity founded in 2005 under the Tax ID: 20-4118165 in the United States. URF is also registered in Uganda with a CBO number C.D.5821. We are an international and grassroots Community BasedOrganization that exists on non-political, non-denominational, and non-sectarian principles.
Mission: Uganda Rural Fund aims to empower orphans, impoverished youth, and women to fight poverty in Uganda’s rural communities, through the creation of educational and sustainable development opportunities.
Our vision is based upon bringing together individuals and groups to join efforts in ensuring that AIDS orphans, needy children, and marginalized communities, especially those most affected by the AIDS epidemic, are empowered and reintegrated into society as we develop and maintain thriving, productive, and sustainable communities.
Our Philosophy: The principal philosophy behind URF’s mission is the belief that a better life is possible. The power of our holistic approach lies in our partnerships, our sustainable programs and facility integration, and our passion to serve. We always strive to be a catalyst for positive change. Every action we take is intended to inspire meaningful service and deliver results that will improve economic and social conditions and make life better for the orphan children and marginalized groups in the communities we serve for years to come. We seek grassroots solutions to local challenges in an effort to help people help themselves.
Our Core Values: At URF our principles guide us to always:
- Provide service that respects and promotes the dignity of our beneficiaries.
- Honor and preserve the family, culture, social customs and values of the local people.
- Respect the beliefs of the people we serve; although we are inspired by faith we never impose our beliefs on others.
- Promote development that empowers the whole person – mind, body, and spirit – through our holistic approach to education, health, and sustainable community development.
- Create mutual and equal partnerships with the beneficiaries we serve.
- Promote a communal and collaborative model of service that fosters a sense of ownership, pride, and participatory development among our beneficiaries and team members.
- Advocate good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us by ensuring personal, organizational, and communal accountability.